Sight Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sight? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Related sentences, Antonyms, Words ending with Sight, Words starting with Sight, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: saɪt
1. The faculty or power of seeing.
Example sentences: "Joseph lost his sight as a baby"
2. A thing that one sees or that can be seen.
Example sentences: "John was a familiar sight in the bar for many years"
3. A device on a gun or optical instrument used for assisting a person's precise aim or observation.
Example sentences: "There were reports of a man on the roof aiming a rifle and looking through its sights"
1. Manage to see or observe (someone or something); catch an initial glimpse of.
Example sentences: "Tell me when you sight London Bridge"
2. Take aim by looking through the sights of a gun.
Example sentences: "She sighted down the barrel"
place of interest
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sight
Sight in Other Languages...