Silver Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Silver? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Silver, Words ending with Silver, Example sentences, Related sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsɪlvə
1. A precious shiny grayish-white metal, the chemical element of atomic number 47.
Example sentences: "Beryllium, calcium, silver and antimony have no appreciable effect on mechanical properties."
2. A shiny gray-white color or appearance like that of silver.
Example sentences: "The dark hair was now highlighted with silver"
3. Silver dishes, containers, or cutlery.
Example sentences: "Thieves stole $5,000 worth of silver"
4. Coins made from silver or from a metal that resembles silver.
Example sentences: "George dipped his hand into his pocket and brought out some small silver"
5. Short for silver medal
Example sentences: "She won three silvers"
1. Made of or colored like silver.
Example sentences: "A silver necklace"
1. Coat or plate with silver.
Example sentences: "He admitted silvering the coins"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Silver
Silver in Other Languages...