Sink Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sink? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Sink, Derivations, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Sink, Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: sɪŋk
1. Go down below the surface of something, especially of a liquid; become submerged.
Example sentences: "He saw the coffin sink below the surface of the waves"
2. Descend; drop.
Example sentences: "You can relax on the veranda as the sun sinks"
3. Gradually decrease or decline in value, amount, quality, or intensity.
Example sentences: "Their output sank to a third of the prewar figure"
4. Insert beneath a surface by digging or hollowing out.
Example sentences: "Rails attached with screws sunk below the surface of the wood"
1. A fixed basin with a water supply and a drain.
Example sentences: "I stood at the kitchen sink"
2. A pool or marsh in which a river's water disappears by evaporation or percolation.
3. Short for sinkhole
4. A place of vice or corruption.
Example sentences: "A sink of unnatural vice, pride, and luxury"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sink
Sink in Other Languages...