Slash Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Slash? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Example sentences, Words starting with Slash, Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Words ending with Slash and more...
How to pronounce: slæʃ
1. Cut (something) with a violent sweeping movement, typically using a knife or sword.
Example sentences: "A tire was slashed on my car"
1. A cut made with a wide, sweeping stroke.
Example sentences: "The man took a mighty slash at his head with a large sword"
2. An oblique stroke (/) in print or writing, used between alternatives (e.g. and/or), in fractions (e.g. 3/4), in ratios (e.g. miles/day), or between separate elements of a text.
Example sentences: "Sentence breaks are highlighted by slashes"
3. Debris resulting from the felling or destruction of trees.
Example sentences: "The mountainsides were strewn with slash"
1. Used to link alternatives or words describing or denoting a dual (or multiple) function or nature.
1. A tract of swampy ground, especially in a coastal region.
Example sentences: "Slash Pine is named after the "slashes" swampy ground overgrown with trees and bushes that constitute its habitat."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Slash
Slash in Other Languages...