Slick Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Slick? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Derivations, How to pronounce? Words starting with Slick, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Slick, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: slɪk
1. (of an action or thing) done or operating in an impressively smooth, efficient, and apparently effortless way.
Example sentences: "A slick piece of software"
2. (of skin or hair) smooth and glossy.
Example sentences: "A dandy-looking dude with a slick black ponytail"
1. An oil slick.
Example sentences: "The slick is a serious threat to marine life"
2. A small smear or patch of a glossy or wet substance, especially a cosmetic.
Example sentences: "A slick of lip balm"
3. A race car or bicycle tire without a tread, for use in dry weather conditions.
Example sentences: "Hunt's victory resulted from the finest sort of judgment about when to change his wet tires to slicks"
4. A glossy magazine.
5. A person who is smooth and persuasive but untrustworthy.
1. Make (one's hair) flat, smooth, and glossy by applying water, oil, or cream to it.
Example sentences: "His damp hair was slicked back"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Slick
Slick in Other Languages...