Slide Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Slide? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Related sentences, Synonyms, Derivations, Words ending with Slide, How to pronounce? Words starting with Slide and more...
How to pronounce: slaɪd
1. Move along a smooth surface while maintaining continuous contact with it.
Example sentences: "She slid down the bank into the water"
1. A structure with a smooth sloping surface for children to slide down.
Example sentences: "Anna played on the slide"
2. An act of moving along a smooth surface while maintaining continuous contact with it.
Example sentences: "Use an ice axe to halt a slide on ice and snow"
3. A decline in value or quality.
Example sentences: "The current slide in house prices"
4. A part of a machine or musical instrument that slides.
Example sentences: "His dark hair fell into his eyes as he looked down the slide of his instrument, inspecting the dent that his fall had put in it the day before."
5. A rectangular piece of glass on which an object is mounted or placed for examination under a microscope.A mounted transparency, especially one placed in a projector for viewing on a screen.
Example sentences: "The measurements are performed in vitro, with a DNA construction anchored between a glass microscope slide and a silica bead."
6. A sandal or light shoe without a back.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Slide
Slide in Other Languages...