Sling Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sling? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Example sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations, Words starting with Sling, Related sentences, Words ending with Sling and more...
How to pronounce: slɪŋ
1. A flexible strap or belt used in the form of a loop to support or raise a weight.
Example sentences: "The horse had to be supported by a sling fixed to the roof"
2. A simple weapon in the form of a strap or loop, used to hurl stones or other small missiles.
Example sentences: "700 men armed only with slings"
1. Suspend or arrange (something), especially with a strap or straps, so that it hangs loosely in a particular position.
Example sentences: "A hammock was slung between two trees"
2. Throw; fling (often used to express the speaker's casual attitude)
1. A sweetened drink of liquor, especially gin, and water.
Example sentences: "In the capital, clubbers drink Kabul slings and canned Russian beer."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sling
Sling in Other Languages...