Slow Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Slow? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Example sentences, Words starting with Slow, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Slow, Derivations, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: sləʊ
1. Moving or operating, or designed to do so, only at a low speed; not quick or fast.
Example sentences: "A time when diesel cars were slow and noisy"
2. (of a clock or watch) showing a time earlier than the correct time.
Example sentences: "The clock was five minutes slow"
3. Not prompt to understand, think, or learn.
Example sentences: "He's so slow, so unimaginative"
4. Uneventful and rather dull.
Example sentences: "A slow and mostly aimless narrative"
5. (of a film) needing long exposure.
Example sentences: "One of the advantages of animation is that you can use long exposures and slow film stock to reduce grain and capture a lot of fine detail."
6. (of a fire or oven) burning or giving off heat gently.
Example sentences: "Bake the dish in a preheated slow oven"
1. At a slow pace; slowly.
Example sentences: "The train went slower and slower"
1. Reduce one's speed or the speed of a vehicle or process.
Example sentences: "The train slowed to a halt"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Slow
Slow in Other Languages...