Smooth Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Smooth? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Smooth, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words starting with Smooth, Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: smuːð
1. Having an even and regular surface or consistency; free from perceptible projections, lumps, or indentations.
Example sentences: "Smooth flat rocks"
2. (of movement) without jerks.
Example sentences: "The trucks gave a smooth ride"
3. (of an action, event, or process) without problems or difficulties.
Example sentences: "The group's expansion into the U.S. market was not quite so smooth"
4. (of a person or their manner, actions, or words) suavely charming in a way considered to be unctuous.
Example sentences: "His voice was infuriatingly smooth"
5. (of food or drink) without harshness or bitterness.
Example sentences: "A lovely, smooth, very fruity wine"
1. Give (something) a flat, regular surface or appearance by running one's hand over it.
Example sentences: "She smoothed out the newspaper"
1. In a way that is without difficulties.
Example sentences: "The course of true love never did run smooth"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Smooth
Smooth in Other Languages...