Soft Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Soft? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, Words ending with Soft, Words starting with Soft, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: sɒft
1. Easy to mold, cut, compress, or fold; not hard or firm to the touch.
Example sentences: "Soft margarine"
2. Having a pleasing quality involving a subtle effect or contrast rather than sharp definition.
Example sentences: "The soft glow of the lamps"
3. Sympathetic, lenient, or compassionate, especially to a degree perceived as excessive; not strict or sufficiently strict.
Example sentences: "The administration is not becoming soft on crime"
4. (of a drink) not alcoholic.
Example sentences: "All they had was ginger ale and a few other soft drinks"
5. (of a market, currency, or commodity) falling or likely to fall in value.
Example sentences: "Now a new factor looms: soft oil prices"
6. (of water) containing relatively low concentrations of dissolved calcium and magnesium salts and therefore lathering easily with soap.
Example sentences: "You use only half as much soap when you clean with soft water"
7. Foolish; silly.
8. (of a consonant) pronounced as a fricative (as c in ice).
Example sentences: "Still the dominant phonetic presence is of light vowels and soft consonants."
Example sentences: "I can just speak soft and she'll hear me"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Soft
Soft in Other Languages...