Soldier Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Soldier? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Soldier, How to pronounce? Words ending with Soldier, Related sentences, Antonyms, Derivations, Example sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsəʊlʤə
1. A person who serves in an army.
Example sentences: "As an enlisted soldier, he served in every leadership position up to the position of First Sergeant."
2. A wingless caste of ant or termite with a large specially modified head and jaws, involved chiefly in defense.
Example sentences: "Soldiers resemble worker termites, except that they have enlarged brownish heads and strong, well-developed jaws."
3. A strip of bread or toast, used for dipping into a soft-boiled egg.
4. An upright brick, timber, or other building element.
Example sentences: "Mr. Johnston explained that the detail below the red line remained the same except for Helifix anchors that were put in just above the soldier course of bricks."
1. Serve as a soldier.
2. Carry on doggedly; persevere.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Soldier
Soldier in Other Languages...