Sort Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sort? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Example sentences, Words ending with Sort, Related sentences, Words starting with Sort, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: sɔːt
1. A category of things or people having some common feature; a type.
Example sentences: "If only we knew the sort of people she was mixing with"
2. The arrangement of data in a prescribed sequence.
Example sentences: "Both cache size and sort size affect memory usage, so you cannot maximize one without affecting the other."
3. A manner or way.
Example sentences: "In law also the Judge is in a sort superior to his King"
4. A letter or piece in a font of type.
1. Arrange systematically in groups; separate according to type, class, etc.
Example sentences: "The mail was sorted"
2. Resolve (a problem or difficulty)
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sort
Sort in Other Languages...