Sour Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sour? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Words ending with Sour, Antonyms, Example sentences, Derivations, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Sour and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsaʊə
1. Having an acid taste like lemon or vinegar.
Example sentences: "She sampled the wine and found it was sour"
2. Feeling or expressing resentment, disappointment, or anger.
Example sentences: "She was quite a different woman from the sour, bored creature I had known"
3. (of soil) deficient in lime and usually dank.
Example sentences: "Our soil is on the sour side and lays wet in spots, as the old-timers say."
4. (of petroleum or natural gas) containing a relatively high sulfur content.
Example sentences: "This risked individuals working on the platform being exposed to the toxic gas, hydrogen sulphide and excessive quantities of sour gas being allowed into the atmosphere."
1. A drink made by mixing an alcoholic beverage with lemon juice or lime juice.
Example sentences: "A rum sour"
1. Make or become sour.
Example sentences: "Water soured with tamarind"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sour
Sour in Other Languages...