Space Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Space? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations, Related sentences, Words ending with Space, Example sentences, Words starting with Space, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: speɪs
1. A continuous area or expanse which is free, available, or unoccupied.
Example sentences: "A table took up much of the space"
2. The dimensions of height, depth, and width within which all things exist and move.
Example sentences: "The work gives the sense of a journey in space and time"
3. An interval of time (often used to suggest that the time is short considering what has happened or been achieved in it)
Example sentences: "Both their cars were stolen in the space of three days"
4. The portion of a text or document available or needed to write about a subject.
Example sentences: "There is no space to give further details"
5. The freedom and scope to live, think, and develop in a way that suits one.
Example sentences: "A teenager needing her own space"
6. One of two possible states of a signal in certain systems.
1. Position (two or more items) at a distance from one another.
Example sentences: "The poles are spaced 3 feet apart"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Space
Space in Other Languages...