Spanning Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spanning? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Example sentences, Words ending with Spanning, Antonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with Spanning, Derivations, Synonyms and more...
1. The full extent of something from end to end; the amount of space that something covers.
Example sentences: "A warehouse with a clear span of 28 feet"
2. The length of time for which something lasts.
Example sentences: "A short concentration span"
1. (of a bridge, arch, etc.) extend from side to side of.
Example sentences: "The stream was spanned by a narrow bridge"
2. Extend across (a period of time or a range of subjects)
Example sentences: "Their interests span almost all the conventional disciplines"
1. A rope with its ends fastened at different points to a spar or other object in order to provide a purchase.
2. A matched pair of horses, mules, or oxen.
3. A lot.
1. Yoke (an animal)
1. Archaic or non-standard past of spin
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spanning
Spanning in Other Languages...