Spares Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spares? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Example sentences, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Words starting with Spares, Antonyms, Synonyms, Words ending with Spares and more...
How to pronounce:
How to pronounce: speə
1. Additional to what is required for ordinary use.
Example sentences: "Few people had spare cash for inessentials"
2. With no excess fat; thin.
Example sentences: "A spare, bearded figure"
3. Elegantly simple.
Example sentences: "Her clothes are smart and spare in style"
1. An item kept in case another item of the same type is lost, broken, or worn out.
Example sentences: "The wheel's broken and it would be suicide to go on without a spare"
2. (in tenpin bowling) an act of knocking down all the pins with two balls.
Example sentences: "I threw a gutter ball, screwing up my spare from the frame before."
1. Give (something of which one has enough) to (someone)
Example sentences: "She asked if I could spare her a bob or two"
2. Refrain from killing, injuring, or distressing.
Example sentences: "There was no way the men would spare her"
3. Be frugal.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spares
Spares in Other Languages...
Turkish: Yedek parça