Speed Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Speed? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations, Example sentences, Related sentences, Words ending with Speed, Synonyms, Words starting with Speed and more...
How to pronounce: spiːd
1. The rate at which someone or something is able to move or operate.
Example sentences: "We turned onto the runway and began to gather speed"
2. Each of the possible gear ratios of a bicycle or motor vehicle.
3. The light-gathering power or f-number of a camera lens.
Example sentences: "Lens speed indicates how bright the image in the viewfinder will be."
4. An amphetamine drug, especially methamphetamine.
5. Success; prosperity.
1. Move quickly.
Example sentences: "I got into the car and home we sped"
2. Make prosperous or successful.
Example sentences: "May God speed you"
3. Take or be under the influence of an amphetamine drug.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Speed
Speed in Other Languages...