Spill Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spill? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Spill, Words starting with Spill, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Synonyms, Derivations, Related sentences, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: spɪl
1. Cause or allow (liquid) to flow over the edge of its container, especially unintentionally.
Example sentences: "You'll spill that tea if you're not careful"
2. Reveal (confidential information) to someone.
3. Cause to fall off a horse or bicycle.
4. (in the context of ball games) drop (the ball).
5. Let (wind) out of a sail, typically by slackening the sheets.
1. A quantity of liquid that has spilled or been spilled.
Example sentences: "Wipe up spills immediately"
2. A fall from a horse or bicycle.
Example sentences: "Granddad took a spill while riding the bay mare"
1. A thin strip of wood or paper used for lighting a fire, candle, pipe, etc.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spill
Spill in Other Languages...