Spiral Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spiral? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, Example sentences, Synonyms, Words starting with Spiral, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Derivations, Words ending with Spiral and more...
How to pronounce: ˈspaɪərəl
1. Winding in a continuous and gradually widening (or tightening) curve, either around a central point on a flat plane or about an axis so as to form a cone.
Example sentences: "A spiral pattern"
1. A spiral curve, shape, or pattern.
Example sentences: "He spotted a spiral of smoke"
2. A progressive rise or fall of prices, wages, etc., each responding to an upward or downward stimulus provided by a previous one.
Example sentences: "An inflationary spiral"
3. A pass or kick that moves smoothly through the air while spinning on its long axis.
Example sentences: "The axis of the spiral seems small and the orbit fixed."
1. Move in a spiral course.
Example sentences: "A wisp of smoke spiraled up from the trees"
2. Show a continuous and dramatic increase.
Example sentences: "Inflation continued to spiral"
Spiral in Other Languages...