Spit Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spit? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Derivations, Antonyms, Related sentences, Words ending with Spit, Words starting with Spit, Example sentences, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: spɪt
1. Eject saliva forcibly from one's mouth, sometimes as a gesture of contempt or anger.
Example sentences: "Todd spit in Hugh's face"
2. (of a fire or something being cooked) emit small bursts of sparks or hot fat with a series of short, explosive noises.
Example sentences: "The bonfire crackled and spat"
3. Light rain falls.
Example sentences: "It began to spit"
1. Saliva, typically that which has been ejected from a person's mouth.
Example sentences: "I brought up all this phlegm and spit into my mouth, and at first it was so, so foul I nearly choked."
2. An act of spitting.
1. A long, thin metal rod pushed through meat in order to hold and turn it while it is roasted over an open fire.
Example sentences: "Chicken cooked on a spit"
2. A narrow point of land projecting into the sea.
Example sentences: "A narrow spit of land shelters the bay"
1. Put a spit through (meat) in order to roast it over an open fire.
Example sentences: "I spitted the squirrel meat and turned it over the flames"
1. A layer of earth whose depth is equal to the length of the blade of a spade.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spit
Spit in Other Languages...