Spot Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spot? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Spot, Antonyms, Example sentences, Words starting with Spot, Related sentences, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: spɒt
1. A small round or roundish mark, differing in color or texture from the surface around it.
Example sentences: "Ladybugs have black spots on their red wing covers"
2. A particular place or point.
Example sentences: "A nice secluded spot"
3. A small amount of something.
4. Denoting a system of trading in which commodities or currencies are delivered and paid for immediately after a sale.
Example sentences: "Trading in the spot markets"
5. Short for spotlight
6. A banknote of a specified value.
7. A bar or other drinking establishment (usually in a private home in a township) that operates without an official permit.
Example sentences: "Her father was at the spot with his friends"
1. See, notice, or recognize (someone or something) that is difficult to detect or that one is searching for.
Example sentences: "Andrew spotted the ad in the paper"
2. Mark with spots.
3. Place (a billiard ball or football) on its designated starting point.
4. Give or lend (money) to (someone)
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spot
Spot in Other Languages...