Spread Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spread? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words ending with Spread, Antonyms, Related sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Words starting with Spread, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: spred
1. Open out (something) so as to extend its surface area, width, or length.
Example sentences: "I spread a towel on the sand and sat down"
2. Extend over a large or increasing area.
Example sentences: "She stood at the window looking at the town spread out below"
3. Apply (a substance) to an object or surface in an even layer.
Example sentences: "He sighed, spreading jam on a croissant"
4. Lay (a table) for a meal.
1. The fact or process of spreading over an area.
Example sentences: "Warmer temperatures could help reduce the spread of the disease"
2. The extent, width, or area covered by something.
Example sentences: "The male's antlers can attain a spread of six feet"
3. The range or variety of something.
Example sentences: "A wide spread of ages"
4. A soft paste that can be applied in a layer to bread or other food.
Example sentences: "Low-fat spreads"
5. An article or advertisement covering several columns or pages of a newspaper or magazine, especially one on two facing pages.
Example sentences: "A double-page spread"
6. A large and impressively elaborate meal.
7. A bedspread.
Example sentences: "A patchwork spread"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spread
Spread in Other Languages...