Spring Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Spring? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Derivations, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Words ending with Spring, Words starting with Spring and more...
How to pronounce: sprɪŋ
1. Move or jump suddenly or rapidly upward or forward.
Example sentences: "I sprang out of bed"
2. Originate or arise from.
Example sentences: "Madness and creativity could spring from the same source"
3. (especially of wood) become warped or split.
4. Pay for, especially as a treat for someone else.
1. The season after winter and before summer, in which vegetation begins to appear, in the northern hemisphere from March to May and in the southern hemisphere from September to November.
Example sentences: "In spring the garden is a feast of blossom"
2. A resilient device, typically a helical metal coil, that can be pressed or pulled but returns to its former shape when released, used chiefly to exert constant tension or absorb movement.
Example sentences: "This apparatus is fitted with ropes and pulleys that are attached to taut springs to create tension."
3. A sudden jump upward or forward.
Example sentences: "With a sudden spring, he leapt onto the table"
4. A place where water or oil wells up from an underground source, or the basin or flow formed in such a way.
Example sentences: "Spring water"
5. An upward curvature of a ship's deck planking from the horizontal.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Spring
Spring in Other Languages...