Staff Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Staff? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Derivations, Example sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Staff, Related sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Staff and more...
How to pronounce: stɑːf
1. All the people employed by a particular organization.
Example sentences: "A staff of 600"
2. A group of officers assisting an officer in command of an army formation or administration headquarters.
Example sentences: "The Polish General and his staff"
3. A long stick used as a support when walking or climbing or as a weapon.
Example sentences: "A shepherd's staff"
4. A set of five parallel lines and the spaces between them, on which notes are written to indicate their pitch.
1. Provide (an organization, business, etc.) with staff.
Example sentences: "Legal advice centers are staffed by volunteer lawyers"
1. A mixture of plaster of Paris, cement, or a similar material, used for temporary building work.
Example sentences: "Staff may easily be bent, sawed, bored, or nailed."
on the staff
Keep in Mind
Images related to Staff
Staff in Other Languages...