Stamp Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stamp? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with Stamp, Words ending with Stamp, Example sentences, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: stæmp
1. Bring down (one's foot) heavily on the ground or on something on the ground.
Example sentences: "He stamped his foot in frustration"
2. Impress a pattern or mark, especially an official one, on (a surface, object, or document) using an engraved or inked block or die or other instrument.
Example sentences: "The woman stamped my passport"
3. Affix a postage stamp or stamps onto (a letter or package)
Example sentences: "Annie stamped the envelope for her"
4. Crush or pulverize (ore).
Example sentences: "The ore was stamped fine, roasted, and amalgamated in combination pans without grinding."
1. An instrument for stamping a pattern or mark, in particular an engraved or inked block or die.
Example sentences: "Hathaway used a variety of stamps to mark his tools."
2. A small adhesive piece of paper stuck to something to show that an amount of money has been paid, in particular a postage stamp.
Example sentences: "A first-class stamp"
3. An act or sound of stamping with the foot.
Example sentences: "The stamp of boots on the bare floor"
4. A block for crushing ore in a stamp mill.
Example sentences: "Work was immediately started, and the 300 additional stamps were dropping in May, 1890, thus making a total of 540 stamps crushing ore from the Treadwell mine."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stamp
Stamp in Other Languages...