Standard Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Standard? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Words ending with Standard, Example sentences, Synonyms, Related sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Standard, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: ˈstændəd
1. A level of quality or attainment.
Example sentences: "Their restaurant offers a high standard of service"
2. An idea or thing used as a measure, norm, or model in comparative evaluations.
Example sentences: "The wages are low by today's standards"
3. A tune or song of established popularity.
Example sentences: "A lot of songs go country-western; others take on the form of jazz standards and bossa nova pop."
4. A military or ceremonial flag carried on a pole or hoisted on a rope.
Example sentences: "Sir Marcus Worsley gave a tribute to the Queen Mother and members of the Malton and Norton branch of the Royal British Legion carried a standard."
5. A tree or shrub that grows on an erect stem of full height.
6. An upright water or gas pipe.
1. Used or accepted as normal or average.
Example sentences: "The standard rate of income tax"
2. (of a tree or shrub) growing on an erect stem of full height.
Example sentences: "Standard trees are useful for situations where immediate height is needed"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Standard
Standard in Other Languages...