Staple Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Staple? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Derivations, Antonyms, Words ending with Staple, Related sentences, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Words starting with Staple and more...
How to pronounce: steɪpl
1. A piece of thin wire with a long center portion and two short end pieces that are driven by a stapler through sheets of paper to fasten them together.
Example sentences: "If you use paper on your compost, be aware of any plastic or staples in the paper - worms can't eat that!"
1. Attach or secure with a staple or staples.
Example sentences: "Mark stapled a batch of papers together"
1. A main or important element of something, especially of a diet.
Example sentences: "Bread, milk, and other staples"
2. The fiber of cotton or wool considered with regard to its length and degree of fineness.
Example sentences: "Jackets made from long-staple Egyptian cotton"
3. A center of trade, especially in a specified commodity.
Example sentences: "Proposals were made for a wool staple at Pisa"
1. Main or important, especially in terms of consumption.
Example sentences: "The staple foods of the poor"
1. Sort or classify (wool, etc.) according to fiber.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Staple
Staple in Other Languages...