State Meaning and Definition
What is the definition State? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Derivations, Synonyms, Words ending with State, Words starting with State, Related sentences, Antonyms, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: steɪt
1. The particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time.
Example sentences: "The state of the company's finances"
2. A nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government.
Example sentences: "Germany, Italy, and other European states"
3. The civil government of a country.
Example sentences: "Services provided by the state"
4. Pomp and ceremony associated with monarchy or high levels of government.
Example sentences: "He was buried in state"
5. An impression taken from an etched or engraved plate at a particular stage.
Example sentences: "An oblong plate, dry point, first state of eight"
1. Of, provided by, or concerned with the civil government of a country.
Example sentences: "The future of state education"
2. Used or done on ceremonial occasions; involving the ceremony associated with a head of state.
Example sentences: "A state visit to Hungary by Queen Elizabeth"
1. Express something definitely or clearly in speech or writing.
Example sentences: "The report stated that more than 51 percent of voters failed to participate"
2. Present or introduce (a theme or melody) in a composition.
Example sentences: "It begins with the bass stating the melody and features a shifting arrangement that allows everyone a chance to solo."
of the state
department of state
Keep in Mind
Images related to State
State in Other Languages...