Static Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Static? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words ending with Static, Antonyms, Example sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Words starting with Static and more...
How to pronounce: ˈstætɪk
1. Lacking in movement, action, or change, especially in a way viewed as undesirable or uninteresting.
Example sentences: "Demand has grown in what was a fairly static market"
2. Concerned with bodies at rest or forces in equilibrium.
Example sentences: "The body exerts forces normal to the direction of travel that result in a static friction force against which the rest of the body can be pushed or pulled."
3. (of an electric charge) having gathered on or in an object that cannot conduct a current.
Example sentences: "The film is vulnerable to the collection of static charges"
4. (of a memory or store) not needing to be periodically refreshed by an applied voltage.
Example sentences: "Method of emulating a dual-port memory device using an internally cached static random access memory architecture"
1. Crackling or hissing noises on a telephone, radio, or other telecommunications system.
Example sentences: "The phone was full of static that sounded distant"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Static
Static in Other Languages...