Steam Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Steam? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Steam, Related sentences, Words starting with Steam, Synonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: stiːm
1. The vapor into which water is converted when heated, forming a white mist of minute water droplets in the air.
Example sentences: "A cloud of steam"
1. Give off or produce steam.
Example sentences: "A mug of coffee was steaming at her elbow"
2. Cook (food) by heating it in steam from boiling water.
Example sentences: "Steam the vegetables until just tender"
3. (of a ship or train) travel somewhere under steam power.
Example sentences: "The 11:54 steamed into the station"
4. Be or become extremely agitated or angry.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Steam
Steam in Other Languages...