Stew Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stew? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words starting with Stew, Words ending with Stew, Example sentences, Derivations, Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: stjuː
1. A dish of meat and vegetables cooked slowly in liquid in a closed dish or pan.
Example sentences: "Lamb stew"
2. A state of great anxiety or agitation.
3. A heated public room used for hot steam baths.
1. (with reference to meat, fruit, or other food) cook or be cooked slowly in liquid in a closed dish or pan.
Example sentences: "A new way to stew rhubarb"
1. A pond or large tank for keeping fish for eating.
Example sentences: "On one of my local stew ponds there is an attitude that if it's not into double figures it ain't worth catching."
1. An air steward or stewardess.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stew
Stew in Other Languages...