Still Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Still? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Words ending with Still, Antonyms, Words starting with Still, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: stɪl
1. Not moving or making a sound.
Example sentences: "The still body of the young man"
1. Deep silence and calm; stillness.
Example sentences: "The still of the night"
2. An ordinary static photograph as opposed to a motion picture, especially a single shot from a movie.
Example sentences: "Film stills"
1. Up to and including the present or the time mentioned; even now (or then) as formerly.
Example sentences: "He still lives with his mother"
2. Nevertheless; all the same.
Example sentences: "I'm afraid he's crazy. Still, he's harmless"
3. Even (used with comparatives for emphasis)
Example sentences: "Write, or better still, type, captions for the pictures"
1. Make or become still; quieten.
Example sentences: "She raised her hand, stilling Erica's protests"
1. An apparatus for distilling alcoholic drinks such as whiskey.
Example sentences: "The fermented solution is moved into large copper stills for the distilling process."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Still
Still in Other Languages...