Stone Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stone? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Words starting with Stone, Synonyms, How to pronounce? Antonyms, Words ending with Stone, Example sentences and more...
How to pronounce: stəʊn
1. Hard solid nonmetallic mineral matter of which rock is made, especially as a building material.
Example sentences: "The houses are built of stone"
2. A piece of stone shaped for a purpose, especially one of commemoration, ceremony, or demarcation.
Example sentences: "A memorial stone"
3. A hard seed in a cherry, plum, peach, and some other fruits.
Example sentences: "The ‘ricin factory’ consisted of castor oil, cherry stones and apple seeds, and some handwritten recipes for ricin."
4. A unit of weight equal to 14 pounds (6.35 kg)
Example sentences: "I weighed 10 stone"
5. A natural shade of whitish-gray or brownish-gray.
Example sentences: "Stone stretch trousers"
1. Throw stones at.
Example sentences: "Policemen were stoned by the crowd"
2. Remove the stone from (a fruit)
Example sentences: "Halve, stone, and peel the avocados"
3. Build, face, or pave with stone.
Example sentences: "The honey-stoned, eighteenth-century city"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stone
Stone in Other Languages...