Storm Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Storm? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Words starting with Storm, Related sentences, Words ending with Storm, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Antonyms, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: stɔːm
1. A violent disturbance of the atmosphere with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow.
Example sentences: "These kinds of storms can produce rain, hail snow, thunder and lightning."
2. A tumultuous reaction; an uproar or controversy.
Example sentences: "The book caused a storm in South America"
3. Storm windows.
4. A direct assault by troops on a fortified place.
1. Move angrily or forcefully in a specified direction.
Example sentences: "She burst into tears and stormed off"
2. (of troops) suddenly attack and capture (a building or other place) by means of force.
Example sentences: "Commandos stormed a hijacked plane early today"
3. (of the weather) be violent, with strong winds and usually rain, thunder, lightning, or snow.
Example sentences: "When it stormed in the day, I shoveled the drive before Harry came home"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Storm
Storm in Other Languages...