Stray Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stray? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Stray, Words starting with Stray, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Derivations, Antonyms, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: streɪ
1. Move away aimlessly from a group or from the right course or place.
Example sentences: "Dog owners are urged not to allow their dogs to stray"
1. Not in the right place; separated from the group or target.
Example sentences: "He pushed a few stray hairs from her face"
2. (of a physical quantity) arising as a consequence of the laws of physics, not by deliberate design, and usually having a detrimental effect on the operation or efficiency of equipment.
Example sentences: "Stray capacitance"
1. A stray person or thing, especially a domestic animal.
Example sentences: "The former stray, who had been Mr Boffey's companion for the past three years, was later found unharmed in another farm vehicle."
2. Electrical phenomena interfering with radio reception.
Example sentences: "A description of the origin and nature of strays and their classification is given; together with a number of methods for their elimination."
lose the way
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stray
Stray in Other Languages...