Stream Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stream? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Stream, Words starting with Stream, Synonyms, Example sentences, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations, Related sentences and more...
How to pronounce: striːm
1. A small, narrow river.
Example sentences: "A perfect trout stream"
2. A continuous flow of liquid, air, or gas.
Example sentences: "Frank blew out a stream of smoke"
3. A continuous flow of data or instructions, typically one having a constant or predictable rate.
Example sentences: "The neat property of this attack is that the capacity of this storage mechanism scales at exactly the same rate as the data stream's rate does."
4. A group in which schoolchildren of the same age and ability are taught; a track.
Example sentences: "Children in the top streams"
1. (of liquid) run or flow in a continuous current in a specified direction.
Example sentences: "She sat with tears streaming down her face"
2. Transmit or receive (data, especially video and audio material) over the internet as a steady, continuous flow.
Example sentences: "During a ground contact event, the payload streams data in real time through a series of software pipes."
3. Put (schoolchildren) in groups of the same age and ability to be taught together; track.
Example sentences: "In the coming school year, we were to be streamed"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stream
Stream in Other Languages...