String Meaning and Definition
What is the definition String? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Example sentences, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Words ending with String, Derivations, Synonyms, Related sentences, Words starting with String and more...
How to pronounce: strɪŋ
1. Material consisting of threads of cotton, hemp, or other material twisted together to form a thin length.
Example sentences: "Unwieldy packs tied up with string"
2. A set of things tied or threaded together on a thin cord.
Example sentences: "She wore a string of agates around her throat"
3. A tough piece of fiber in vegetables, meat, or other food, such as a tough elongated piece connecting the two halves of a bean pod.
Example sentences: "Cut the melon in halves, spoon out the seeds and strings."
4. Short for stringboard
5. A hypothetical one-dimensional subatomic particle having the dynamical properties of a flexible loop.
Example sentences: "String theory is a quantum theory where the fundamental objects are one dimensional strings and not pointlike particles."
1. Hang (something) so that it stretches in a long line.
Example sentences: "Lights were strung across the promenade"
2. Fit a string or strings to (a musical instrument, a racket, or a bow)
Example sentences: "The harp had been newly strung"
3. Remove the strings from (a bean).
4. Another term for lag (sense 2 of the verb)
Keep in Mind
Images related to String
String in Other Languages...