Strip Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Strip? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Strip, Example sentences, Derivations, Antonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Synonyms, Words ending with Strip and more...
How to pronounce: strɪp
1. Remove all coverings from.
Example sentences: "They stripped the bed"
2. Leave bare of accessories or fittings.
Example sentences: "Thieves stripped the room of luggage"
3. Deprive someone of (rank, power, or property)
Example sentences: "The lieutenant was stripped of his rank"
4. Sell off (the assets of a company) for profit.
Example sentences: "One is that the CEOs in question will be powerful enough to strip assets from their companies for their own gain - and get away with it."
5. Tear the thread or teeth from (a screw, gearwheel, etc.).
Example sentences: "Getting the screw out can strip the bushing threads in the frame."
6. (of a bullet) be fired from a rifled gun without spin owing to a loss of surface.
1. An act of undressing, especially in a striptease.
Example sentences: "She got drunk and did a strip on top of the piano"
1. A long, narrow piece of cloth, paper, plastic, or some other material.
Example sentences: "A strip of linen"
2. A comic strip.
Example sentences: "A strip cartoon"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Strip
Strip in Other Languages...