Stripping Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stripping? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words starting with Stripping, Antonyms, Example sentences, Words ending with Stripping, Related sentences, Derivations, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: ˈstrɪpɪŋ
1. Remove all coverings from.
Example sentences: "They stripped the bed"
2. Leave bare of accessories or fittings.
Example sentences: "Thieves stripped the room of luggage"
3. Deprive someone of (rank, power, or property)
Example sentences: "The lieutenant was stripped of his rank"
4. Sell off (the assets of a company) for profit.
Example sentences: "One is that the CEOs in question will be powerful enough to strip assets from their companies for their own gain - and get away with it."
5. Tear the thread or teeth from (a screw, gearwheel, etc.).
Example sentences: "Getting the screw out can strip the bushing threads in the frame."
6. (of a bullet) be fired from a rifled gun without spin owing to a loss of surface.
1. An act of undressing, especially in a striptease.
Example sentences: "She got drunk and did a strip on top of the piano"
2. The identifying outfit worn by the members of a sports team while playing.
Example sentences: "The team's away strip is a garish mix of red, white, and blue"
1. A long, narrow piece of cloth, paper, plastic, or some other material.
Example sentences: "A strip of linen"
2. A comic strip.
Example sentences: "A strip cartoon"
3. A programme broadcast regularly at the same time.
Example sentences: "He hosts a weekly two-hour advice strip"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stripping
Stripping in Other Languages...