Stuck Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Stuck? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Stuck, Derivations, Related sentences, Example sentences, Words ending with Stuck, Synonyms, Antonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: stʌk
How to pronounce: stɪks
1. A thin piece of wood that has fallen or been cut off a tree.
Example sentences: "Hayes picked up a fallen stick and twirled it idly between his fingers."
2. A long, thin piece of something.
Example sentences: "A stick of dynamite"
3. A threat of punishment or unwelcome measures (often contrasted with the offer of reward as a means of persuasion)
Example sentences: "Training that relies more on the carrot than on the stick"
4. Rural areas far from cities or civilization.
5. A person of a specified kind.
6. A large quantity of unsold stock, especially the proportion of shares which must be taken up by underwriters after an unsuccessful issue.
1. Push a sharp or pointed object into or through (something)
Example sentences: "He stuck his fork into the sausage"
2. Insert, thrust, or push.
Example sentences: "A youth with a cigarette stuck behind one ear"
3. Adhere or cling to something.
Example sentences: "The plastic seats stuck to my skin"
4. Be fixed in a particular position or unable to move or be moved.
Example sentences: "Sara tried to open the window but it was stuck"
5. Accept or tolerate (an unpleasant or unwelcome person or situation)
Keep in Mind
Images related to Stuck
Stuck in Other Languages...