Studs Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Studs? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, Words starting with Studs, Example sentences, Derivations, Related sentences, Words ending with Studs, Antonyms, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce:
How to pronounce: stʌd
1. A large-headed piece of metal that pierces and projects from a surface, especially for decoration.
Example sentences: "The shape of the headrest follows Zulu style, but brightly coloured plastics, insulation tape and metal studs decorate the core."
2. An upright timber in the wall of a building to which laths and plasterboard are nailed.
Example sentences: "Lath and plaster on timber studs"
3. A rivet or crosspiece in each link of a chain cable.
Example sentences: "Haven't you noticed each time you rivet another row of studs into that protective armour, how life slides by and slams you?"
1. Decorate or augment (something) with many studs or similar small objects.
Example sentences: "A dagger studded with precious diamonds"
1. An establishment where horses or other domesticated animals are kept for breeding.
Example sentences: "A stud farm"
2. A young man thought to be very active sexually or regarded as a good sexual partner.
3. A form of poker in which the first card of a player's hand is dealt face down and the others face up, with betting after each round of the deal.
Example sentences: "It will have 16 tables for roulette, black jack, stud poker, dice and ponto banco."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Studs
Studs in Other Languages...