Style Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Style? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Related sentences, Antonyms, Example sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Style, Words starting with Style, How to pronounce? Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: staɪl
1. A manner of doing something.
Example sentences: "Different styles of management"
2. A distinctive appearance, typically determined by the principles according to which something is designed.
Example sentences: "The pillars are no exception to the general style"
3. Elegance and sophistication.
Example sentences: "A sophisticated nightspot with style and taste"
4. (in a flower) a narrow, typically elongated extension of the ovary, bearing the stigma.
Example sentences: "As the pistil emerged from the bracts, the style elongated and the stigma expanded markedly in size and, finally, became receptive to pollen."
5. (in an invertebrate) a small, slender pointed appendage; a stylet.
Example sentences: "The posterior midbrain sends 9 nerve cords frontally to the outer oral styles."
1. Design or make in a particular form.
Example sentences: "The yacht is well proportioned and conservatively styled"
2. Designate with a particular name, description, or title.
Example sentences: "The official is styled principal and vice chancellor of the university"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Style
Style in Other Languages...