Sugar Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sugar? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Sugar, Synonyms, Related sentences, Antonyms, How to pronounce? Derivations, Example sentences, Words starting with Sugar and more...
How to pronounce: ˈʃʊgə
1. A sweet crystalline substance obtained from various plants, especially sugar cane and sugar beet, consisting essentially of sucrose, and used as a sweetener in food and drink.
Example sentences: "A spoonful of sugar"
2. Any of the class of soluble, crystalline, typically sweet-tasting carbohydrates found in living tissues and exemplified by glucose and sucrose.
Example sentences: "Complex sugars coat almost every cell in the body, as well as microbes that cause disease."
3. Used as a term of endearment or an affectionate form of address.
4. Used as a euphemism for “shit.”
5. A psychoactive drug in the form of white powder, especially heroin or cocaine.
1. Sweeten, sprinkle, or coat with sugar.
Example sentences: "She absentmindedly sugared her tea"
2. Make more agreeable or palatable.
Example sentences: "The novel was preachy but sugared heavily with jokes"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sugar
Sugar in Other Languages...