Suite Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Suite? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Synonyms, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Words starting with Suite, Example sentences, Antonyms, Words ending with Suite, Derivations and more...
How to pronounce: swiːt
1. A set of rooms designated for one person's or family's use or for a particular purpose.
Example sentences: "A suite of reception rooms"
2. A set of instrumental compositions, originally in dance style, to be played in succession.
Example sentences: "His division of works into dance suites and more serious music is essentially the same as Corelli's distinction between sonate da camera and sonate da chiesa."
3. A group of people in attendance on a monarch or other person of high rank.
Example sentences: "The Royal Saloon was built for the use of the Queen and her suite"
4. A set of programs with a uniform design and the ability to share data.
Example sentences: "All the programs in the suite have a coherent design, even when you start getting into their more complex settings, and it's in this usability that McAfee is head and shoulders above any of its rivals."
5. A group of minerals, rocks, or fossils occurring together and characteristic of a location or period.
Example sentences: "Potassic rock suites are a characteristic feature of the area"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Suite
Suite in Other Languages...