Suits Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Suits? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, How to pronounce? Words ending with Suits, Example sentences, Related sentences, Words starting with Suits, Synonyms, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: sjuːt
1. A set of outer clothes made of the same fabric and designed to be worn together, typically consisting of a jacket and trousers or a jacket and skirt.
Example sentences: "A pinstriped suit"
2. Any of the sets into which a pack of playing cards is divided (in conventional packs comprising spades, hearts, diamonds, and clubs).
Example sentences: "The classic order of suits is hearts above diamonds, and spades above clubs."
3. A lawsuit.
Example sentences: "Ads designed to assemble litigants for class action suits represent an explosive area of growth in legal advertising."
4. The process of trying to win a woman's affection with a view to marriage.
Example sentences: "He could not compete with John in Marian's eyes and his suit came to nothing"
5. A complete set of sails required for a ship or for a set of spars.
Example sentences: "They went ashore and changed to another suit of sails"
1. Be convenient for or acceptable to.
Example sentences: "What time would suit you?"
2. Enhance the features, figure, or character of (someone)
Example sentences: "The dress didn't suit her"
3. Put on clothes, especially for a particular activity.
Example sentences: "I suited up and entered the water"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Suits
Suits in Other Languages...