Surface Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Surface? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Surface, Derivations, Words starting with Surface, Antonyms, Example sentences, How to pronounce? Related sentences, Synonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsɜːfɪs
1. The outside part or uppermost layer of something (often used when describing its texture, form, or extent)
Example sentences: "The earth's surface"
2. A continuous set of points that has length and breadth but no thickness.
Example sentences: "Among closed surfaces, spherical, flat, and hyperbolic geometry are mutually exclusive."
1. Relating to or occurring on the upper or outer part of something.
Example sentences: "Surface workers at the copper mines"
1. Rise or come up to the surface of the water or the ground.
Example sentences: "He surfaced from his dive"
2. Provide (something, especially a road) with a particular upper or outer layer.
Example sentences: "A small path surfaced with terra-cotta tiles"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Surface
Surface in Other Languages...