Survey Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Survey? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Derivations, Related sentences, Words starting with Survey, How to pronounce? Example sentences, Synonyms, Words ending with Survey, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: ˈsɜːveɪ
1. (of a person or their eyes) look carefully and thoroughly at (someone or something), especially so as to appraise them.
Example sentences: "Her green eyes surveyed him coolly"
2. Examine and record the area and features of (an area of land) so as to construct a map, plan, or description.
Example sentences: "He surveyed the coasts of New Zealand"
3. Investigate the opinions or experience of (a group of people) by asking them questions.
Example sentences: "95% of patients surveyed were satisfied with the health service"
1. A general view, examination, or description of someone or something.
Example sentences: "The author provides a survey of the relevant literature"
2. An act of surveying an area of land.
Example sentences: "The flight involved a detailed aerial survey of military bases"
Keep in Mind
Images related to Survey
Survey in Other Languages...