Sustain Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Sustain? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words ending with Sustain, Synonyms, Related sentences, How to pronounce? Derivations, Example sentences, Words starting with Sustain, Antonyms and more...
How to pronounce: səsˈteɪn
1. Strengthen or support physically or mentally.
Example sentences: "This thought had sustained him throughout the years"
2. Undergo or suffer (something unpleasant, especially an injury)
Example sentences: "He died after sustaining severe head injuries"
3. Cause to continue or be prolonged for an extended period or without interruption.
Example sentences: "He cannot sustain a normal conversation"
4. Uphold, affirm, or confirm the justice or validity of.
Example sentences: "The allegations of discrimination were sustained"
1. An effect or facility on a keyboard or electronic instrument whereby a note can be sustained after the key is released.
Example sentences: "She has a decent voice, but it was her sustain on the more difficult notes that really impressed."
Keep in Mind
Images related to Sustain
Sustain in Other Languages...