Swell Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Swell? What is its meaning in the dictionary? Words starting with Swell, Antonyms, Derivations, Synonyms, Related sentences, Example sentences, Words ending with Swell, How to pronounce and more...
How to pronounce: swel
1. (especially of a part of the body) become larger or rounder in size, typically as a result of an accumulation of fluid.
Example sentences: "Her bruised knee was already swelling up"
1. A full or gently rounded shape or form.
Example sentences: "The soft swell of her breast"
2. A gradual increase in sound, amount, or intensity.
Example sentences: "There was a swell of support in favor of him"
3. A slow, regular movement of the sea in rolling waves that do not break.
Example sentences: "There was a heavy swell"
4. A mechanism for producing a crescendo or diminuendo in an organ or harmonium.
Example sentences: "Most effective is the contrast created when Slean's piano-tinkling waltz-time verses bloom into symphonic swells of strings and timpani on the pop-smart choruses."
5. A person of wealth or high social position, typically one perceived as fashionable or stylish.
1. Excellent; very good.
1. Excellently; very well.
Keep in Mind
Images related to Swell
Swell in Other Languages...