Swim Meaning and Definition
What is the definition Swim? What is its meaning in the dictionary? How to pronounce? Related sentences, Derivations, Example sentences, Antonyms, Words starting with Swim, Synonyms, Words ending with Swim and more...
How to pronounce: swɪm
1. Propel the body through water by using the limbs, or (in the case of a fish or other aquatic animal) by using fins, tail, or other bodily movement.
Example sentences: "They swam ashore"
2. Be immersed in or covered with liquid.
Example sentences: "Mashed potatoes swimming in gravy"
3. Appear to reel or whirl before one's eyes.
Example sentences: "Emily rubbed her eyes as the figures swam before her eyes"
1. An act or period of swimming.
Example sentences: "We went for a swim in the river"
2. A pool in a river that is a particularly good spot for fishing.
Example sentences: "He landed two 5 lb chub from the same swim"
take a swim
have a swim
take a bath
Keep in Mind
Images related to Swim
Swim in Other Languages...